It was a great experience representing Tyroo Technologies at this massive event Dmexco 2015, with 881 exhibitors, 500 speakers and 43,384 trade visitors, run by the Bundesverband Digitale Wirtschaft (German Association for the Digital Economy — BVDW)
During these 2 days of event we met a lot of exhibitors and partners who shared their experiences based on customer perspective, it’s clear that quality beats quantity and that’s why mobile first companies are now shifting their focus towards new and innovative ad formats i.e. Native Advertising and Video ads which is said to leave a better impact on users.
Some insight from DMEXCO 2015:
1. Ad blocking giving boost to Native Advertising: The much talked topic at the event was Ad blocking which will give boost to the future of mobile advertising i.e. native and video ads
2. While we met a lot of partners/exhibitors during the event, it was interesting to see their level of excitement for India as a focused market and with our native traffic present in the market is definitely going to strengthen our relation with all partners even stronger
3. What was interesting in the event was the shift of traditional agencies and Affiliate partners focus towards mobile now
4. All our partners responded positively for our new product suite One API – CPI mediation platform
5. It was great to see big players like mail.ru, E-bay and Lovoo has come up with new native ad formats/feeds which will surely change the course of how ad formats are looked upon
Some insight about local market:
1. Germany is going to be the most watched market in the coming year as gaming app developers and local e-commerce players are planning a lot of investments towards user acquisition. We will be seeing growth in the market as smartphone penetration is expected to grow to 75% by 2016
2. Germany being the second-largest mobile gaming market in Europe and 6th in the world has seen Android in-app revenue spiking in last 1 year and still growing as compared to iOS which is growing at a constant pace.